Oct 26, 2015

Please do not make Karate Kid 6 with Jaden Smith



I originally gave Jaden Smith the benefit of the doubt. When the new Karate Kid came out most people either didn't like it, or thought it was sacrilegious to try and re-create the original masterpiece.

I kind of thought it was a bad idea too, I thought a prequel trilogy to the original movie would have been better. (More on that in future posts.)

But once I saw the movie I gave it a thumbs up simply due to Jaden Smith and his character were quite likable. Then it was announced that another movie was in the works and I thought it most likely would be well done and successful due to the quality of the first.

http://thekaratekidblog.blogspot.com/2014/04/karate-kid-2-starring-jackie-chan-and.html

http://thekaratekidblog.blogspot.com/2014/07/karate-kid-2-gets-new-writers-loses.html

However lately, I have been seeing stories in the tabloids and such that Jaden Smith is a little out of control.

I didn't know whether to believe it or not, you never know with those tabloids. But if I am to derive anything from these recent photos of Jaden from a couple of the Kardashian sisters' Twitter accounts I would have to agree.

He looks like a little bit of a doofus.

This kid does not deserve to be called the Karate Kid.

Get someone new, come up with a different story that won't involve him, or don't do the movie all which is probably a safer option.