Dec 19, 2014

Truth at the All Valley - a Conclusion

 
Originally posted December 19th, 2011.
 
Revised slightly December 19th, 2014.
 
"Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth." Henry David Thoreau

28 years ago today, December 19th, 1983, the most legendary karate tournament ever held took place, the Under 18 All Valley Karate Championship. And interestingly enough love, money and fame all played a role.

However today I hope truth will play a role as well.

My intent with this study is not change anyone’s love for the greatest movie ever made, the Karate Kid, but rather to enhance it by bringing to light a secret I believe is contained within the story. For me this discovery has made the movie more satisfying, the story and it’s plot more intense, and the outcome of the Karate Kid and it’s sequels even more interesting.

I believe I have done a thorough study and I hope I have expressed my thoughts and my ideas sufficiently enough for even the most ardent Karate Kid fanatic.

I feel however that I must give this warning, if you read further you do so at your own risk. Once your eyes have been opened you will never look at the Karate Kid the same again.